Monday, September 9, 2013

Clean Eating: Spicy Cucumber Salsa

A co-worker brought two crates of giant cucumbers into work on Friday.  I couldn't pass up fresh (and free) produce, but I wasn't sure what to do with four cucumbers.

After searching on pinterest, I found a few cucumber salsa recipes for inspiration, and then got creative.  Here is what I came up with:

Clean Eating: Spicy Cucumber Salsa
4 cups chopped, seeded, and peeled cucumber (about 2 large cucumbers)
1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
1/2 medium red onion
1 sweet pepper (green, red, yellow, orange - your choice)
2 jalapeños chopped (leave seeds in for extra spicy)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
4 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (but I probably put in more because I love cilantro)

1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime

Directions: 
Simply mix everything together.

You can eat it right away or let it chill in the fridge.

I was pleasantly surprised by the crisp, coolness of the cucumber and the spicy kick of the jalapeños mixing with the other flavors. 

Let me know what you think of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...