Thursday, July 4, 2013

Learn

Full disclosure: I'm in education.  So I might be a little bias, but I think learning is awesome!

However, I'll also be the first to tell you that some of the most important and practical things that I have learned did not happen in a classroom.  Or at least, they did not happen in the classroom when I sat there as a student.  I won't go off on a tangent about our current education system (there are good parts and bad parts).  Rather, I just want to highlight that learning occurs EVERYWHERE!

Whether you are aware of it or not, you learn something daily.  You could learn something about yourself, or about someone else, or that you should make sure an oscillating sprinkler is pointed in the opposite direction as yourself when you ask your husband to turn on the water. 

Intentionally or not, learning occurs.  I try to fill my mind with new facts and information, with good books and interesting articles.  But some of the most compelling and useful learning occurs by accident.

So don't be afraid to make mistakes.  They are one of the best opportunities to learn something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...