Thursday, July 4, 2013

Play

Who doesn't like to play?

I know I do!

To me, when you play it means you are doing something fun, something you enjoy.  There doesn't need to be a serious reason motivating you (though there might be).  You're just having a good time. 

Boomer at the top of St. Mary's Peak
Some ways I play:
  • Hiking
  • Running
  • Tennis
  • Golf
  • Skiing (very rarely)
  • With Boomer
  • Reading
  • Cooking
  • Gardening
  • An occasional video game or puzzle
  • And more...

I think sometimes adults forget to play, or maybe even forget how to play.  We can get grumpy and set in our ways.  Work can make us too busy, and sometimes it is just easier to sit on the couch and do nothing.

But play stimulates our minds.  It revitalizes us.  It can be more relaxing than just relaxing.

So, play on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...